Donald Trump Keeps Taking Money from Supporters Without Delivering
On Sunday, Donald Trump’s team sent out an email to supporters asking to pitch in $45 to “solve the election fraud.” It’s worth noting that in spite of 60 failed lawsuits, recounts, an “audit” in Arizona that found more votes for Biden than previously reported, and Mike Lindell’s spectacularly failed “cyber symposium,” there has not been any widespread voter fraud proven in the 2020 election.
However, that hasn’t stopped alleged billionaire, Donald Trump, from begging working-class donors for money that he is claiming will be used to fight voter fraud. But in spite of reporting over $62 million in contributions in the PAC’s mid-year report to the FEC (available here), there have been no reported expenditures going to any election fraud investigations, audits, or reviews.
In fact, Forbes reported over the summer that 20% of the Trump Leadership PAC’s operating expenses are spent at Trump’s properties.
While Trump, who claims to be a billionaire, is asking people to donate to the cause, the FEC isn’t showing any donations from Donald J. Trump to his own PAC.
Would be donors should also know that in February, Trump moved over $200,000 from the Make America Great Again PAC to his own businesses.
Sources for this Fact
- Donald Trump Asks Supporters for $45 Each to Help ‘Solve the Election Fraud (Newsweek)
- Recounts for 2020 (Ballotpedia)
- Arizona election review spurs false claims online (FOX 10 News)
- Cyber Symposium expert delivers papers to Lindell’s attorneys claiming $5 million dollar reward (Dakota News)
- Trump PAC Spends 20% Of Its Operating Expenses At Trump’s Business (Forbes)
- Trump moved donated money to his own business, filing shows (Independent)
- Photo Credit: Independent
Updated on Oct 19, 2021
Facts work the best when shared with friends. ..
FactPAC is dedicated to supporting a robust and fair Democracy by getting the facts to voters. FactPAC is an unconnected political action committee that has no affiliation with any other organizations or campaigns. We are donor-supported and volunteer-run.